Remembering Yogeshwar Muni

This site is dedicated to Yogeshwar Muni (Charles Berner). He left the body at around 3:12 AM on Sunday, June 24, 2007, surrounded by close friends. He had been ill for several months.

Yogeshwar was a powerful spiritual teacher for many people. In 1968, he developed the Enlightenment Intensive, which is widely acknowledged to be a breakthrough tool for helping people have deep, direct spiritual awakening. In 1973, he met his teacher, Swami Kripalvananda, who gave him the name Yogeshwar Muni and taught him Natural Yoga (or Sahaj Yog). Yogeshwar practiced Natural Yoga for as much as 8 hours per day for the rest of his life.

To see Yogeshwar's more recent writings, use the links under "Yogeshwar on the web."

To contribute a message to this site:

Send an email to edrid@sandoth.com. Put "For Yogeshwar" in the Subject line of your email. Edrid will post your message within one day. You can include pictures as attachments.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Stephan Betz

I took my first Enlightenment Intensive as a college freshman seeking guidance and truth beyond what college could offer. Through Yogeshwar I learned that I had to know who I am before I could make real choices about my life, and I started living that truth. This changed my life forever and I tried to become a kinder person. It has been an uphill battle ever since. Yet, Yogeshwar not only supported me in this endeavor but he insisted I continue to get better at being kind to my children.
Later on in life, Yogeshwar and I had our differences in opinion. Even then he lived what he preached in acknowledging his and my free choice in deciding on different paths.
Stephan

No comments: