Remembering Yogeshwar Muni

This site is dedicated to Yogeshwar Muni (Charles Berner). He left the body at around 3:12 AM on Sunday, June 24, 2007, surrounded by close friends. He had been ill for several months.

Yogeshwar was a powerful spiritual teacher for many people. In 1968, he developed the Enlightenment Intensive, which is widely acknowledged to be a breakthrough tool for helping people have deep, direct spiritual awakening. In 1973, he met his teacher, Swami Kripalvananda, who gave him the name Yogeshwar Muni and taught him Natural Yoga (or Sahaj Yog). Yogeshwar practiced Natural Yoga for as much as 8 hours per day for the rest of his life.

To see Yogeshwar's more recent writings, use the links under "Yogeshwar on the web."

To contribute a message to this site:

Send an email to edrid@sandoth.com. Put "For Yogeshwar" in the Subject line of your email. Edrid will post your message within one day. You can include pictures as attachments.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Katya Betz (Satyavati)

The Divine YM

I met Yogeshwar in 1972 when I was 20 years old. I took an Enlightenment Intensive and walked through that cosmic door that would shape the rest of my life. Fueled with the idealism of my youth I spent the next 20+ years studying with Yogeshwar. I followed him to California, Hawaii and Australia. I studied and later taught intensives, relating exercises, mind clearing and sahaja yoga. When I learned of Yogeshwar’s impending death I thought back on what he had given to me. Sorting through the thousands of memories I found two strands that had a fundamental impact on me. Yogeshwar acknowledged and held true that we all have free choice. Through that I found my choice point and free will. I located the point at which I choose, and learned to act from that. Although it is certain that Yogeshwar did not always like my choices, he did recognize my freedom to choose. The second, of equal importance, is that he taught me surrender to God, Truth and the Ultimate. These two beautiful acts, free choice and surrender to God, have shaped my existence in this life and all future lives. Choosing to be open to the Truth of another is the golden gateway to heaven. While on a human level there were some fractures in my relationship to Yogeshwar, on a divine level the basic truth he has taught me is not breakable. So, with great love I bow and place my forehead on his feet and extend the greatest gratitude to Yogeshwar and to what he has given to me.
With Love,
Katya (Satyavati Katherine Ellis Noyes) Betz

No comments: