Remembering Yogeshwar Muni

This site is dedicated to Yogeshwar Muni (Charles Berner). He left the body at around 3:12 AM on Sunday, June 24, 2007, surrounded by close friends. He had been ill for several months.

Yogeshwar was a powerful spiritual teacher for many people. In 1968, he developed the Enlightenment Intensive, which is widely acknowledged to be a breakthrough tool for helping people have deep, direct spiritual awakening. In 1973, he met his teacher, Swami Kripalvananda, who gave him the name Yogeshwar Muni and taught him Natural Yoga (or Sahaj Yog). Yogeshwar practiced Natural Yoga for as much as 8 hours per day for the rest of his life.

To see Yogeshwar's more recent writings, use the links under "Yogeshwar on the web."

To contribute a message to this site:

Send an email to edrid@sandoth.com. Put "For Yogeshwar" in the Subject line of your email. Edrid will post your message within one day. You can include pictures as attachments.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Nishkala (Brock Palmer)

About 1980, after having been living and studying Yogeshwar's teaching about yoga and Energy Mastery in Yogeshwar's St. Helena ashram for about 3 yrs., I returned to college to study computers, math and science. Everyday Yogeshwar's teachings on Energy Mastery and contemplation (which I had learned from his Enlightenment technique) were with me, directing me, giving me the tools to apply myself and succeed in the environment of academia. As a result of my college studies at that time, I was hired by the college as an instructional assistant for their mathematics computer lab and later I went on to have a tutoring business and later a computer support business. I have Yogeshwar and his teaching of his knowledge and wisdom to thank for my being able to succeed so well in my college studies and small business successes. I don't think he ever expected a thank you. Thank you, Yogeshwar, for that and for so much more.
With love, Nishkala

No comments: